What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a safe and highly effective manual exfoliation technique. Using a sterile scalpel, Dermaplaning removes skin debris which is made up of dead skin cells. The process will also remove the vellus hair from across the face.
What are the benefits?
- increases absorption of topical products
- immediately diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- primes skin for a chemical peel
- creates healthier and a more radiant appearance
- triggers cell regeneration process
- smoother, softer skin with removal of dead skin cells
- removes the fine Vellus hair (commonly known as 'peach fuzz')
- make up goes on smoother
- suitable for all skin types
- non invasive
Dermaplaning is suitable for all skin types except:
- Acneic skin. If you have deep cystic acne wait until the breakouts are clear before trying this treatment
- cold sores / active herpes
- skin disease
- damaged / trauma skin
- skin cancer
- moles (can avoid)
Are there any immediate side effects?
There are no side effects and zero downtime. After the treatment, your skin will be highly sensitive to sun exposure and may already look very pink, so be sure to wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation.
Will my facial hair grow back differently?
No, the hair on the face is called Vellus hair and it is impossible for this hair to grow back thicker. Vellus hair when cut or removed grows back exactly the same. The structure of the hair does not become damaged so therefore it is impossible to alter.
How much is Dermaplaning?
A 30 minute session with a skin specific serum treatment is £45 and it is recommended that this treatment is carried out every 4-6 weeks for maximum benefits.
For more details and to book a FREE consultation call 0151 677 1081 or Email email@example.com